Friday, May 18, 2012

Shoes to the Rescue!!!

So after a lot of reading on forums and blogs, I think I have been a bit too hasty in my goal of running a marathon after 5 months of running in Vibrams.  I'd like to get a pair of sort-of-minimalist style running shoes so that I can combine barefoot, VFF, and shod running.  Hopefully with the introduction of a new pair of running shoes I'll be able to keep my mileage up and still be able to do the Monster Mash in October.

All in all, the real goal of running barefoot was to improve my running form.  I think that I can still do this by doing a couple short runs per week barefoot or in VFF's, and also a couple long runs in shoes.  I posted a question for some recommendations on minimalist shoes in a Runner's World barefoot running forum, but something tells me I'm going to get blasted a bit for making the classic TMTS (Too much too soon) mistake  :-)  Oh well.  If that's what I have to take to get some good advice, I'm willing.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment